Friday, January 20, 2012

Job

So, I need a job.  I've been unemployed since October, and I'm tired of it.  But, there are some caveats:

I am starting school in May, which will be online for the summer, but I will need to be in a classroom/lab all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting in August.  So, I need something that is either part time, or full-time and will allow me to go part-time in August.  When I start class I need to work Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.  I won't work both weekend days, I need a day off.  I will be in class for 10 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so those aren't days off me.  Also, I won't work nights.  I can't study and handle an early school schedule if I have to work nights.  This schooling is important because it will finally lead to a great secure career (Medical Laboratory Technologist). 

Most of my employment history is in Ophthalmology, but I also worked at UCF for two years doing database maintenance as well as maintaining copier and fire extinguisher fleets for the whole campus.  I've also worked at a Mail Boxes Etc. for five years, and at Universal Studios and Mystery Fun House as well (long, long ago).

Another big thing to me, is that the job be close to home.  I need to stay in the east side of Orlando.  I'm going to school in Cocoa, and need to minimize that commute.  I realized that I was spending $80 a month (just in tolls) to get to a job downtown, and I would very much prefer to not have to do that again.  I have to pay for school tuition and books out of pocket, and try to get some of our debts paid down.  So, I need to minimize expense as much as possible, not to mention keeping the stress level down.  I need to be able to study. [Which leads me to an aside: I would prefer a low stress job that I don't have to take home with me.  I want to be able to go to work, do my job, then go home.]

So, if any of you know of anything that might be a good fit for me, please let me know.  I know that I'm going to school for a different career, but I can definitely give a new position a couple of years.  I need to make at least $14 per hour (my last job was $17), so I know this is going to be difficult.  Any help or input my friends have for me would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment